About Buttrey Rental
Buttrey Rental Service was started in 1946 by Morris Buttrey. Morris got started in the rental business by renting out moving trailers, which he built himself from his gas station in Melrose Park. He soon found his customers also had the need for other items besides trailers. The rental inventory was expanded over the years to include everything from cars, trucks, tools, and party goods. In 1959, seeing the need for a rental store in the far western suburbs, a branch store was opened in Downers Grove.
The Melrose Park store was closed a few years later. The Downers Grove store has been relocated twice and at one time included a Camper and RV Sales Division.
We have been at our present location in Westmont since 1971. In 1985, Morris Buttrey retired and the business was purchased by his grandson, Scott Harris. Today, Buttrey Rental Service specializes in contractor rentals, homeowner rentals, truck rentals, and trailer rentals. In addition to the rental business, we offer sales and installation of trailer hitches. Propane refill service is also available.